This policy outlines what information we collect and why, how we use it, and how to review and update it.
- Intercom apps like Analytics for Intercom
- Support via third party tools like Intercom
Information we collect
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services. When you sign in to our services, we collect:
- your name
- your contact details like your email address
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- details of the services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behavior
- information about your access and use of our services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties, e.g. when you contact us through our support channels (email or Intercom) or if you visit our website or documentation.
Why we collect data
Maintain & improve our services
We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information to make improvements to our services — for example, understanding common usability issues with specific features helps us improve our services where it's most useful to you.
Develop new services
We use the information we collect in existing services to help us develop new ones. For example, we’ve added the Retention dashboard after conversations with Analytics for Intercom customers.
We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about your visits to our sites to do things like optimize product design. We use a variety of tools to do this, including Google Analytics on our landing page and Intercom inside our Analytics for Intercom app.
Communicate with you
We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may let you know about important upcoming changes or improvements to our services. And if you contact us, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
Your privacy controls
Choice and consent
Information from third parties
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details at the beginning of this policy. If you ask us to restrict how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our services.
Access and data portability
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party (data portability).
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you believe that we have breached the Privacy Principles or an article of the GDPR and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details at the beginning of this policy and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details at the top of this policy or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Sharing your information
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- payment systems operators;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses.
- Amazon Web Services
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties and, if you are a European Union (EU) citizen, to third parties that reside outside the EU.
Keeping your information secure
We maintain servers in the United States of America and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you are located. Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
About this policy
When this policy applies
Changes to this policy